About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Monday, December 7, 2009

Silly Parenting Question....

Ok to all you parents who read my blog... question for you.

As you watch your kids grow up, more and more independent, and such. Do you remember when they took there very first shower? Is it a big moment in your kids lives? Or is it just another thing that really doesn't matter?
Because I was thinking the other day, I remember the first time I ever took a shower. I felt so cool... lol ... I felt like a big kid. I didn't need mom and dads help. I wanted to be a big kid, and do it myself.
Maybe its just me that thinks its a big step in life. Maybe not. But I think of it as another step into growing up, being more independent, more responsible. No need for help. You spend so many years bathing your children, making sure they are clean, and smelling good :) but then there comes a day when no, they want to be a big kid, and take a SHOWER all by them-selves.

SO... is it a big deal, or no?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one on Silly Parenting Question.... - it helps a lot!

We clearly share similar parenting experiences and views.
I've been reading one that I'm hooked on - http://todayscliche.com/.
I have a feeling you'd get a lot out of it.

Incredible job on your blog; keep it up.

Thanks,
peter