About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leadership

I have been feeling God is leading me toward some sort of leadership. If you know me that has never ever been something I do, have wanted to do. I am the outgoing when I know you, but shy when getting to know you, never stand in front of a group, be center of attention, kind of girl. But I just start thinking of things I would love to do to further His kingdom. I just never know where to start, how to do it, etc. One thing I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to do is start a prayer group. I want to lead a group of people, in time of prayer for others, each other, themselves, etc. I truly believe in the power of prayer. But like I said I never know where to start, how to get something like that going. How would I get others interested in joining me in something like that.

I know if God has a will for me to be in some sort of leadership position, it will happen, he will teach me how to lead(or more so the Holy Spirit will use me to lead,) give me the courage to lead, and help me through all the other things that freak me out. I just need to pray, and keep learning, and desiring to have Gods will be my life.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It sounds insanely simple, but just ask God to send you the people. I once felt called to lead a neighborhood Bible study group, but was really afraid to ask my neighbors to do it, so I prayed. I even said one of those silly, God if you want me to ask so-and-so, you're going to have to make it happen because she scares me. Door bell rang before I finished praying, she was standing there at the door. If God wants you to do this, He'll bring you the people too.