About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Church

So I have been thinking about it lately... Church is no longer church/worship for me. It is work. I clean, do childcare and tech, along with other little small side activities that come about. If I'm not cleaning, I'm watching kids. If I'm not watching kids, I am running camera or directing. I am constantly doing something, that is not worship. I have been having a very difficult time being at church. I walk in the building and get a sick feeling. Sometimes the feeling is more then just sick, and a feeling that I hate having. I'm pretty sure that is not what should happen. And I don't know what needs to be done to change that. I have been starting to think that I am still at FRCC because thats where I work, it' where 98% of my friends are. What am I to do???

2 comments:

Sarah said...

it sounds like you are getting burnt out. It is time to refocus! like stated earlier~stop cleaning there. Take a break from camera. Take some time to enjoy God for who he is and if that means going to another church for now to refocus, that is ok!

Debbie Giese said...

Hi Beth!
Found your blog...not sure how I missed it. I agree with Sarah...once church becomes work and not about worship, it's time for a change. Find a different place to worship, not necessarily in a church but some devo time, online sermons, and prayer time. Offer your work as a sacrifice of praise and ask Him to bless you in that. Love to watch you grow in faith, girlfriend!