About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh the Joys...

Its funny how God uses the people in your life.
This is my "challenge" that I had last night....

SO there is a boy I like (I know, Im such a teenage girl) and we have been friends for years now. I have liked him on and off for most of our friendship. Well when I found out he was going to Nicaragua with the team I was stoke (again teenage girl lol.) I wasn't going to do anything about the fact that I like him, cause thats just weird, and I didn't want weird while on the trip or anytime for that matter.
On the day we were coming home (well were were in Chicago at this point now) we stopped and got some food. Well this boy and I went over to go get coffee. And we started to talk, and he brought up how he likes another girl that was on the trip, but wasn't sure if he should do something about it or if it would be weird since there a bit of an age gap. All while I am being a supportive friend and talking to him about it, and I am thinking man, I like you, this sucks to hear.
Well then again last night we were talking on FB about the same thing. And he said sorry for putting this all on you, and also said that I am one of the few people he can talk to about things. Well that hit me hard. I care so much about him, that I am willing to put my feelings aside, and let him talk to me about things like a girl he likes. He is one of my best friends, and I don't think I have ever seen that until this happened. I have always looked to him as a boy I like. But there is so much more then that. I care about him, and I would do anything for him. I will always be there, and with God's grace and help, willing to put aside my feelings. Cause its not about me.
I want to be the best friend I can be to him and to all of my friends.

No comments: