About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Monday, September 22, 2008

Taking a Chance

I am one who is afraid of rejection, fearful of what people think of me. Yeah I know that I shouldnt worry about what others think, but Im a highschool girl. So as I have a friend who Im 95% sure that shes not a christian, doesnt go to church, etc. I really like her, and we are good friends, and becoming even better friends.
As Planet Wisdom is coming up I thought maybe I should invite her to come along. But since she doesnt go to church or anyhting I was a little worried to ask. But I felt like I should. So I asked her to go to youth group. Which took a lot to do, since I dont want her to not be my friend because I go to church and cause Im a christian. But she said she would go and I was sooo excited. She said she had fun, and I asked her to come to overtime next week sujnday, and I asked to go to Planet Wisdom, and Im pretty sure she is thinking about it. So Im happy I took that chance.

In this Ive learned that I just have to take the chance... Christ died for me...thats the greatest chance/risk ever. So why do I get so nervous as to what people are going to think of me when invite them to church or a church event. Its who I am... Im a Christian, and proud of it. I shouldnt be afraid of being myself. Plus as christians we are asked to spread the love of Christ.

No comments: