About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I was at work, kinda bummed cause of one thing that always bothers me at work. Bobsie pretty much dislikes me, I'm pretty sure she thinks I am irresponsible and incompetent... ANYWHO...
So I was walking through the hallway to go put a mop head in the laundry room, as John Glass comes up to me. Telling me that in the staff meeting they had today, Dan K was (in John's words) "singing praises" about how great of a director I am on the Tech team. John also said that Christine had some thing to say, and she said about how the kids at church love me, and that I work really well with them.
By John telling me what was said about me in the meeting made me super happy, and it felt good to know that I am actually being appreciated at FRCC. Because lately I have felt like no one does, and that it really isn't the church for me. There are still thing I have a hard time about with FRCC, but today made me feel like I actually can do something right, and that someone actually notices.

I love working with the kids, it is one of my greatest joys in life. I love serving on the tech team, I am a tech geek... I will admit it. Both areas can get rough sometimes, but I love having them be part of who I am and help define who I am.

I have always been hard on myself, and probably always will be. I criticize who I am, and what I do. I have a hard time taking criticism from other, because I get more down on myself. I also have a hard time taking a complement, like when someone says I'm awesome. I love hearing things like that, but yeah. But hearing what was said today, made me feel spectacular. I was able to accept it really well. I had the biggest smile on my face, and just was super "giddy." Which I think is God helping me to change.




(ok this was totally just flowing out of my brain, so if makes no sense, sorry.)

No comments: