About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Monday, October 18, 2010

Close Friends

So every morning I get time to read, and think, pray, whatever... its fabulous. But this morning thoughts of my friends came about, ok well I think about my friends and family all the time, but today I was thinking about the close friends I have, and have had.
Well as I was thinking, I realized when I start to get close to someone I freak out. Don't get me wrong, I love my friendships, I need them in my life. But I really have noticed that I freak out when I start getting super close to someone. Why, not sure. Maybe cause I have been burned a few to many times, maybe cause it puts a fine line on getting hurt, or me hurting someone. Cause I think I have a tendency to hurt people, and I also have a tendency to get hurt very easily.
Which I think in saying that, I think it puts an effect on my walk with Christ. I know people have sinful nature, and I know I can always trust and count on Christ, but if I get burned by people, it leaves a hurt. Dude I am still hurt by someone who burned me in elementary school... ugh can anyone say get over it Beth... lol
I guess I just need to get over this, and figure out not everyone is going to burn me, not everyone is going to hurt/cut me down. Another thing to work on ME. Trust, its a huge deal to me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

seriously beth, just get over it!!!