About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Heart Full of Joy

Today my family and I went to the church we use to go to when we lived in Milwaukee. When walking in I felt so comfortable, and something inside me felt right. I was super excited.
Afterward they had this lunch, and we were talking to someone, and about the new things that are going on at the church and how things have really changed. Well in hearing all this, I was overcome with joy, and excitement. Awesome and amazing things are happening there. They are a school to 150 inner city kids, and just hearing the things they are doing, and working on there is awesome. I was in Aww. When it comes to kids we all know that is where my heart is at. This just confirmed it more. But these kids are getting an education, and a Christian education at that. They have people loving on them. They are enjoying and looking forward to sunday school, and such. I was so encouraged. I want to be a part of it. I want to help be a part of kids lives, make a difference for them, but be a light for Christ, and make a Christ-like impression. Cause it's not about me. It's Christ. I want to keep on loving others through Christ. I want Christ to keep showing me what I am meant for. How he wants to use me.
This morning was amazing, I cant even express the feelings I had. I was restless with joy/love/excitement/etc. I am super excited that a place that was/still feels like home to me (granted we stopped going when we moved when I was 3) is doing amazing thing in kids lives, for Christ!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that's awesome beth! I think you found your new calling :) I know it is hard to minister to kids at our church because it feels more like entertainment. I think if you get your feet wet in ministring to these children all while obeying Jesus, You will have a blast!