About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Friday, September 24, 2010

Little Jesus and Teenage Jesus

SO last night, at work Melissa and I were having a convo about the whole there is nothing in the bible about Jesus growing up, other then when it says he was 12 teaching in the temple. She asked me why that is. Was he just a normal kid and teenager? Honestly I could not give her a good answer. I tried, and I told her this is my opinion, my total guess at why. I really couldn't be the one to truly tell you and know if its right. But here is what I said (agree with me, or disagree, whatever. I am in a learning realm of my life/walk, so I would love to hear the "truth" about it.)

Anywho... SO I said well there was a huge significance in His birth. But His growing up was just normal. The whole teaching in the temple at 12 I think that was part where He started to realize that there was something unique about Himself. But after that again I would just think it was normal teenage years. It also wasn't the time for him to start his ministry, and do what He was placed on the earth to do.

I also asked this question on Yahoo answers. Of course I got the stupid dumb butt remarks. But I also got a couple good answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkB4tOedaGOot9nmjK1WO78azKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20100924071857AAmddad

This question and convo really got me excited about being able to dig deeper and look for answers, and for more to what I know.

Please let me know what your thoughts are.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

in the temple his earthly parents asked him why he wasn't with them. Jesus replied that he was in in Father's house. To which we know he meant God. But his parents said to come home with him. He had to obey and honor his parents as it was a 10 commandment just as we are too. It wasn't until he was at the wedding did his Mom basically give him permission to do His ministry.As ryan would say and we have talked about....it was his mom holding him back :) LOL just like us moms to do :) So I would say that he was a carpenter with his Earthly father, just waiting for permission to go and do God's work.