About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Monday, September 20, 2010

Romans 2

So this week is my second week of reading Romans.

Today, as I was reading I had a total AHA God teaching moment:

-Vs. 16: "and this is the message I proclaim - that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone's secret life."

This got me onto thinking what is in my secret life.

-Vs. 20 "You think you can instruct the ignorant and teach children the ways of God. For you are certain that Gods law gives you complete knowledge and truth."

This lead to me thinking well I am one kids look up to, I teach them. How can i teach them the ways of God when/if I have things that are in my "secret life."

-Vs 29: " No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God."

When I have things that are present in my life that are creating a "secret life" I don't have my heart and my focus right/set on God. Those thing filling my heart. I need to get those things out, and have God fill my heart 100%.
Allowing for my heart to be right with God. Then I am right to be able to teach others, teach children, and be a light to others.

-End of vs 29: "And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

The things that are filling my heart and creating a "secret life" are coming from looking for praise and being accepted by people. I should be keeping focused on God, and again with a heart that is right with God, seeking praise from God is what is important. I should be wanting to please Him, and having Him be satisfied with me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about you today!

Sarah said...

love the new background color:)