About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chrissy-Poo aka Chris

My brother Chris is in a band (Hail the King (check um out on myspace)) They are a hardcore/metalcore band. Yeah generally not my type of music. But hey, he loves it, he is passionate about drumming and music, so I give him great big props :)

I went to one of his shows that they played last night. Which wow, can we say I felt like a misfit being there. But that didn't matter. I was there for my brother. I wanted to support him, show him I love, and care about him and his passions/dreams.

I left that concert so stinkin' proud of him. I may not generally like that type of music, but I respect it. And I may be bias on this, but I don't really think that is it. But they are good, like legit, good. I was shocked, amazed, really actually enjoyed it. He kicked A at drumming, the band did awesome. It was all around awesome. Again so stinkin' proud of him.

I just hope that he knows it, know how much I love him. How much I care about him. How much I respect him. How much I want him to keep on with his hope/dreams/passions/goals. Whatever they are. I want him to know that I will be there for him in whatever he has a hope/dream/passion/goal for. I want him to live a life that is meaningful. A life he can say he has actually lived.

He is a great kid. Yeah he can be a stupid high school boy sometimes. But that doesn't define him. He is awesome, and amazing. I am super excited about the relationship him and I have. We spent so many years of our lives hating and I mean hating each other. But now, we are pretty much best friends. We trust each other, we love each other, we respect each other, we don't judge each other. It's probably one of the greatest things I will ever have.

All in all I love Chris. He is pretty much one of the coolest, lovable, talented people I know.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We're pretty stinkin' proud of both of you! Keep it up, you two, keep it up.