About Me

My photo
Life has it's highs and lows. Embrace it. Live It. Push through. Find the Joy, the Laughter, the Smiles. The little things are the things that bring the most joy. New Life Rises From The Ashes. ~ <3 ~

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

World Vision

Well I did it. I finally obeyed God and started sponsoring a child.

I have always pondered on the the thought, but was convicted about two months ago when I got my lip pierced, that I need to support a child.
It was one of those things where God said if I can go and spend $30 to put a hole in my lip, I can spend $35/month on a kid who could use it.

Well in the two months I have been meaning to do it, but kept putting it off. Well the other night I finally went on the site to choose a kid. I know I wanted to support a little boy in Nicaragua. So thats what I did. I
Today I went to the bank to make sure I had the money in my checking to be able to support him for this month. Which in just going to the bank part of me almost didn't. Part of me said no this can't be what I have to do, I now have college to save for, and such. But I knew I had to do it, hello, God said to do it, I can't not listen to Him. I have to trust and obey Him.

So I did it, I started sponsoring Farouk :)
He is 3 years old, his bday is Feb 14, 2007. He is in Managua, Nicaragua
And he is so stinkin' adorable.

I am super excited :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

good girl beth! You are a momma now :)